The First Mestres
The creation of the União do Vegetal occurred in the Amazon Rainforest. It was there, in the period from 1959 to 1964, that Mestre Gabriel formed the first mestres:
- Pequenina (Raimunda Ferreira da Costa)
- Bacurau (Raimundo Ribeiro das Chagas);
- Pernambuco (Manoel Severino Félix);
- José Gama.
Later, Mestre Gabriel went to live in Porto Velho, Brazil with his family and, starting in 1965, he began the preparation of new disciples to receive the title of mestre of the União do Vegetal.
Between the years of 1966 and 1971, Mestre Gabriel further convoked the following mestres:
- Raimundo Pereira da Paixão;
- Raimundo Monteiro de Souza;
- Bartolomeu Pinheiro do Nascimento;
- Napoleão Vitor de Oliveira;
- Francisco Adamir de Lima;
- Joanico (João Ferreira de Souza) ;
- Messias Paula de Sá;
- Francisco Herculano de Oliveira;
- Roberto Souto Maior;
- Sidon (Francisco dos Anjos Feitosa);
- Raimundo Nonato Marques;
- Cícero Alexandre Lopes.
The first mestres convoked in the União do Vegetal are those responsible for transmitting the teachings of Mestre Gabriel, in their essence, to the disciples who are arriving, who in turn, according to their personal practice and spiritual degree, will be the future mestres and leaders of the UDV.